Five Finds on Friday: Shelly Robb
Today’s Five Finds on Friday come from Shelly Robb, partner and GM of the soon-to-open Prime 109. As GM, Robb will oversee events in Prime 109’s private rooms, which, given the anticipation for the restaurant, may be in high demand as the holiday season approaches. You can start planning yours already by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the background Robb provided about herself, such as her time at Bizou and Tavola, Robb included a detail more touching than any Five Finds participant ever has. “Side note: I have extremely supportive parents who never once made me feel guilty or not good enough for doing what I loved. When you choose to do something completely different from your education, and they are still proud of you and supportive: Priceless.” Robb’s picks:
1) Marinara D.O.C. at Lampo. “The light char, San Marzano, garlic, and oregano lend to a perfectly balanced pizza. I love spicy, so I often add a side of Calabrian chili. It is so simple and addicting.”
2) Hop Cider from Potter’s Craft Cider. “I remember the first time I tried their cider. I was the general manager at Bizou and Tim brought by a sample of their Farmhouse Dry. I’ve since been hooked on pretty much everything they make.”
3) Pinot Noir from Ankida Ridge. “One of the first Virginia wines I fell in love with. I am so excited to try their Brut Sparkling as well.”
4) Palak Paneer or Vegetable Vin D’Alho at Milan. “Indian hot with a side of garlic naan. A once a week must.”
5) Dry Aged Steaks at Prime 109. “Ian has done an amazing job with our dry aging program. It is honestly the best steak I’ve ever had.”