Charlottesville restaurants take care of us, feed us, and, despite modest margins, are the first we ask for donations to support our charitable causes. Now, it’s our turn to help them. If we don’t support them now, they might be gone forever.
The Charlottesville Restaurant Gift Card Program: The gift of Charlottesville food is a win-win. It helps save restaurants that make Charlottesville special, while bringing cheer to loved ones. Why not buy some for yourself, too? Buying a gift card just pays now for a meal you would have bought later anyway. Some restaurants are even discounting gift cards, which means buying them actually makes you money.
Aberdeen Barn: GIFT CARD: (434) 296-4630
Ace Biscuit & Barbecue GIFT CARD: (434) 202-1403
Al Carbon GIFT CARD
Albemarle Baking Company GIFT CARD
Angelic’s Kitchen GIFT CARD
The Alley Light GIFT CARD: (434) 296-5003
Bang! GIFT CARD
Basil Mediterranean Bistro GIFT CARD
Bavarian Chef GIFT CARD
BBQ Exchange GIFT CARD
Beer Run GIFT CARD
Belle GIFT CARD: (434) 996-4919
Bizou GIFT CARD
Blue Moon Diner GIFT CARD
Bodo’s GIFT CARD
Brasserie Saison GIFT CARD
Brazos Tacos GIFT CARD
C&O GIFT CARD
Champion Grill GIFT CARD
Chimm GIFT CARD
Citizen Burger Bar GIFT CARD
Conmole GIFT CARD
Continental Divide GIFT CARD
Corner Juice GIFT CARD
Crozet Pizza at Buddhist Biker Bar GIFT CARD: (434) 202-0592
Dr. Ho’s Humble Pie GIFT CARD: (434) 245-0000
Duner’s GIFT CARD
Feast! GIFT CARD
Firefly GIFT CARD
Fleurie GIFT CARD
Fry’s Spring Station GIFT CARD
Great Harvest GIFT CARD
Guajiros GIFT CARD
Hamiltons’ GIFT CARD
HotCakes GIFT CARD: (434) 295-6037
Junction GIFT CARD
Kanak GIFT CARD: (434) 328-2775
Kardinal Hall GIFT CARD
Kitchenette GIFT CARD: (434) 260-7687
Iron Paffles & Coffee GIFT CARD
Ivy Inn Restaurant GIFT CARD: (434) 977-1222
Ivy Provisions GIFT CARD
Lampo GIFT CARD
Lemongrass GIFT CARD: (434) 244-8424
Little Star GIFT CARD: (434) 252-2502
MarieBette Cafe and Bakery GIFT CARD
Mangione’s on Main GIFT CARD: (434) 327-4833
MAS GIFT CARD
Maru GIFT CARD
Maya GIFT CARD
Mel’s Cafe GIFT CARD: (434) 971-8819
Milan GIFT CARD: (434) 984-2828
Miller’s Downtown GIFT CARD
Mochiko GIFT CARD
Moe’s Original BBQ GIFT CARD
Monsoon Siam GIFT CARD
North American Sake Brewery GIFT CARD: (434) 767-8105
Now & Zen GIFT CARD
Oakhart Social GIFT CARD: (434) 995-5449
Orzo GIFT CARD: (434) 975-6796
Pad Thai GIFT CARD: (434) 293-4032
Paradox Pastry GIFT CARD
Passiflora GIFT CARD
Pearl Island GIFT CARD
Peloton Station GIFT CARD
Peter Chang’s China Grill GIFT CARD: (434) 244-9818
Petite MarieBette GIFT CARD
Petit Pois GIFT CARD
Pippin Hill GIFT CARD
Pronto! GIFT CARD
Public Fish & Oyster GIFT CARD: (434) 995-5542
Quality Pie GIFT CARD
Rapture GIFT CARD: (434) 293-9536
Red Pump Kitchen GIFT CARD
Renewal GIFT CARD
Revolutionary Soup GIFT CARD
Roots GIFT CARD (434) 529-6229
Royalty Eats GIFT CARD
Sal’s Caffe Italia GIFT CARD: (434) 295-8484
Smoked Kitchen and Tap GIFT CARD: (434) 205-4881
Shadwell’s GIFT CARD
Southern Crescent GIFT CARD
Sticks GIFT CARD
Sultan Kebab GIFT CARD: (434) 981-0090
Szechuan GIFT CARD
Take it Away GIFT CARD: (434) 295-1899
Tavern & Grocery GIFT CARD
Tavola GIFT CARD
Ten GIFT CARD
Thai Cuisine & Noodle House GIFT CARD
The Bebedero GIFT CARD: (434) 234-3763
The Fitzroy GIFT CARD
The Local GIFT CARD
The Pie Chest GIFT CARD: (434) 977-0443
The Shebeen GIFT CARD (434) 296-3185
The Virginian (via Citizen Bowl) GIFT CARD
The Whiskey Jar GIFT CARD
The Wool Factory (Selvedge Brewing, The Workshop) GIFT CARD
Three Notch’d Brewing GIFT CARD
Thyme & Co. GIFT CARD: (434) 282-2436
Tilman’s GIFT CARD
Timberwood Grill GIFT CARD
Timberwood Tap House GIFT CARD
Tonic GIFT CARD: (434) 226-4270
Vita Nova GIFT CARD: (434) 977-0162
Vivace GIFT CARD
Vu Noodles GIFT CARD: (434) 465-1267
Zocalo GIFT CARD
A big part of what makes our area special, Charlottesville’s restaurants are on the brink. To help them survive, our restaurants invite Charlottesville to embrace a culture of takeout. Through their remarkable ingenuity during the pandemic, Charlottesville restaurants have shown how desperately they want to serve us. It is up to us to give them that chance. Restaurants need us. And, we need them. As often as we can, let’s brighten our lives of seclusion with a restaurant meal.
This list will be updated with changes and additions. Also included are restaurants offering on-premises dining. Send updates or additions to email@example.com. Tip generously!
Restaurants of The Charlottesville 29
Takeout and on-premises dining. 8am – 3pm. Call (434) 202-1403. Menu.
Takeout and on-premises dining. Takeout Tue-Sun, 5:15 – 6 pm. Must order the day before by email. Menu.
Takeout, plus on-premises dining. Thu – Sun, 11:30am – 2pm, 5pm – 9 pm. Order online.
Drive-through only. Credit card only (Visa, MC, Discovery). Menu.
Takeout only. Tue, 3-8pm; Wed-Thu, 11am-8pm; Fri-Sat, 11am-9pm; Sun, 11am-8pm. Call (434) 245-0000. Menu.
Takeout and on-premises dining. Thu – Sun, 4:30 – 8:30 pm. Call (434) 293-8352 or (434) 293-3091. Menu.
Takeout and on-premises dining. Pickup: 5pm – 9pm. Call (434) 234-7394. Menu.
Takeout and on-premises dining. Tue-Sat, 11:30am – 8pm; Sun 11:30am – 3pm. Order online.
Takeout and on-premises dining. On premises: Thu-Sat, 5 – 9 pm; takeout, Wed-Sat, 11:30am – 4pm. Order online.
Curbside pick-up and on-premises dining. Takeout 3:30 – 8 pm. Menu.
Takeout and patio dining. Thu-Sun, 4:30 – 8:30pm. Order online.
Takeout only. Call (434) 293-4032. Menu.
Call (434) 244-9818. Menu.
Takeout and patio dining. Tue-Thu, 12pm – 8 pm.; Fri-Sat, 12pm – 9pm. Call (434) 979-7647. Menu.
On-premises dining and wine tastings, by reservation. On select dates, “Evenings on the Hill” – extended hours for sunset dinners and wine. Tue-Sun, 11 am – 6pm, plus extended hours on select dates. Daytime Menu. Evenings on the Hill Menu.
Takeout and on-premises dining. Tue-Sun, 4-9 pm. Call (434) 995-5542. Menu.
Takeout and on-premises dining. 12pm – 9pm. Call (434) 981-0090. Menu.
Curbside pick-up and on-premises dining. Order online.
Takeout, Thursday through Saturday. Order 48 hours in advance. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to weekly menu newsletter.
Takeout and delivery only. 11am – 9:45 pm. Call (434) 245-0095. Menu.
Takeout and dining at Dairy Market. Wed-Thu, 11am-9pm; Fri-Sat, 11am-10pm; Sun, 11am-4pm. Order online.
Takeout only of carry out deli items, dinner items, packaged goods, beer and wine. Fri-Sat, 11am – 6pm; Sun, 11am – 4 pm. Order online. Plus, a weekly online farmer’s market, with pick-up each Wednesday.
Curbside takeout and on-premises dining. Restaurant and food truck menu items. Call (540) 948-6505. Menus.
Curbside, contactless pick-up, and on premises dining. Wed-Sat 9am – 4pm; Sun, 9am-3pm. Menu.
Takeout only. Thu-Sun, 8am – 2 pm. Order online.
Takeout only. Tue-Sat, 11am – 8 pm. Sun, 10am – 3pm. Order online.
Call (434) 295-4911. Menu.
Curbside takeout only. Mon-Fri, 8am – 1pm. Call (434) 806-6202, or just honk the horn.
Takeout and outdoor dining. 5 – 8pm. Order online. Drop down to Retail menu for drinks.
Takeout only. Call (434) 288-1120. Menu.
Takeout or dining at Dairy Market. Wed-Sun, 11am-8pm. Order online.
Curbside pick-up and outdoor dining. Tues-Sat 4:30pm-9:30pm. Order online or call (434) 328-2519.
Takeout only. Wed – Sat, 5 – 7pm. Order online in advance.
Curbside pick-up. Wed-Fri, 3-9pm; Sat-Sun, 12pm-9pm. Call (434) 823-2132. Menu.
Curbside pickup and delivery. Call (434) 202-0592. Menu.
Meal kits from the team behind Bizou, Bang!, The Space, and Luce. Order by Thursday at 12 pm. Pickup or delivery Friday. Order online.
Takeout and dining at Dairy Market. Wed-Thu, 11am-8pm; Fri-Sat, 11am-9pm; Sun, 11am-8pm. Order online.
Takeout, curbside pick-up, and personal grocery shopping delivery. Mon-Fri, 10am – 3:30pm. Order online or call (434) 244-7800.
Takeout and on-premises dining. Tue-Thu, 11am – 8 pm; Fri-Sat, 11am – 9pm; Sun 10am – 3pm. Order online.
Takeout only. Mon-Sat 6:30am – 2:30pm. Call (434) 293-2844. Menu.
Takeout and curbside pick-up only. Mon-Fri, 4 – 9pm; Sat-Sun, 11am – 9pm. Call (434) 202-2257 or order online.
Curbside-pickup and USPS delivery. Order online or call (434) 202-7813. Limited quantities/varieties baked fresh daily.
Curbside pick-up only. Wed-Sun, 11am – 4 pm. Order online.
Takeout only. Tue-Sun 12-7pm. Order online or call (434) 293-3210.
Takeout and on-premises dining. Mon-Sat, 5pm – 10:30 pm. Call (434) 234-4436. Menu.
Takeout, delivery, and curbside pick-up of food, beer, and wine. Call (434) 295-6037. Menu.
Takeout and curbside pick-up. 11am – 3 pm. Call (434) 202-1308 or order online.
Curbside pick-up and on-premises dining of food, beer, wine, and cocktails. Tue-Sat, 11am – 10pm; Sun, 11am-8pm. Order online.
Takeout and curbside pick-up. Mon – Fri, 11am-3pm. Menu.
Takeout and on-premises dining. Mon-Sat, 11am – 9 pm. Menu.
Takeout only. First come, first served of soups and take-and-bake meals. Menus updated on Facebook.
Takeout and curbside pick-up. 4 pm – 7 pm. Order online.
Takeout and on-premises dining. Mon-Wed, 4-8pm; Thu-Sun, 4-9pm. Call (434) 327-4833. Menu.
Marco & Luca (Seminole Square location)
Takeout only. Mon-Sat, 10:30am – 7pm. Call (434) 227-6690. Menu.
Call (434) 971-8819. Menu.
Takeout and delivery only. Tue-Sun, 9am – 7pm. Call (434) 984-1551. Menu.
Curbside pick-up only. 11am – 5 pm. Free delivery for orders over $50. Call (434) 977-1234. Menu.
Takeout, curbside pickup, and boxed and catered meals. Call (434) 244-7427 (Ivy Road) or (434) 202-2288 (Water Street).
Takeout only. Mon – Fri, 11am – 2 pm; Mon – Sun, 4:30pm – 8:30pm. Order online or call (434) 284-7117. Menu.
Takeout and curbside pick-up only. 5-9pm. Call (434) 971-1177. Menu.
Curbside pick-up and delivery of food and retail wine. Call (434) 975-6796. Menu.
Takeout and on-premises dining. 11am – 9 pm. Call (434) 328-8786. Menu.
Curbside pick-up, counter service, and on-premises dining. Wed-Sun, 8 am – 2 pm. Order online.
Takeout and curbside pick-up. Mon-Fri, 11am – 8 pm. Saturday, 10am – 4pm. Also available for “micro-catering.” Call or text (434) 305-4238. Menu.
Takeout only. Order online or call (434) 328-8833 (The Corner) or (434) 284-5466 (Barracks). Menu.
Takeout only. Order online.
Curbside pick-up only of beer. 4 – 8 pm. Order online.
Takeout and patio dining. Mon-Sat 12 – 8 pm, Sun 12 pm – 3 pm. Order online.
Takeout and on-premises dining. 9 am – 5 pm. Call (434) 971-3546. Menu.
Takeout only. Order with the App or call (434) 529-6229. Menu.
Takeout and curbside pick-up only. Order online or call (434) 923-3287. Menu.
Takeout only. 8am – 9pm. Call (434) 205-4622. Menu.
Takeout and on-premises dining. Dinner: Tue-Sun, 5-9 pm; Lunch: Fri-Sun, 12pm-3pm. Order online.
Curbside and takeout only. 11am – 8 pm. Call (434) 202-2568 or order online.
The Corner: Takeout only. 10am – 3pm. Order online.
Dairy Market: Takeout and dining at Dairy Market. Mon-Sat, 11am-8pm; Sun 11am-6pm. Order online.
Takeout and on-premises dining. 11:30 am – 8:30 pm. Order online.
Takeout and delivery only. Family meals available. 11am – 7pm. Call (434) 234-3762. Menu.
Takeout and on-premises dining. Wed-Thu, 5pm-9m; Fri-Sat, 5pm – 11pm. Sun, 10:30am – 2pm, 5 pm – 9pm. Order online.
Takeout and nearby delivery. 4 – 7pm. Menus.
Takeout and curbside pick-up. Mon – Sat, 9am – 4pm. For curbside pick-up, call (434) 977-0443. Menu.
Curbside pick-up, and on-premises dining 10am – 7pm. Discounted regular menu. Call (434) 296-3185. Menu.
Takeout, curbside pick-up, and on-premises dining. Wed-Sun, 12pm – 8pm. Call (434) 284-5101. Menu.
Takeout and curbside pick-up only. 8am – 3pm. Call (434) 296-9977. Menu.
Takeout, delivery, and on-premises dining. Family meals available. 11am – 7pm. Call (434) 202-1549. Menu.
Takeout only. 11am – 3pm. Call (434) 282-2436. Menu.
Takeout, curbside pick-up, and “picnic-style” patio dining. 12 – 6pm, Fri-Mon. Order online.
Takeout and on-premises dining. Mon-Sat, 6am – 9pm; Sun, 6am – 3 pm. Call (434) 244-3424. Menu.
Takeout and on-premises dining. Wed-Sat, 11am-10pm, Sun, 12pm-8pm. Order online.
Takeout window only. Mon – Sat, 11am – 7pm. Call (434) 977-5000. Menu.
Today’s Five Finds on Friday come from Lauren Strachan, who, with her husband, has just launched Harvest Moon Lodge and Retreat, a stunning four-bedroom rental property on nine acres in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Follow along on Facebook and Instagram. Strachan’s picks:
1) Tinga de Pollo Tacos at La Michoacana. “I love tacos. Being in the travel and tourism business, I have spent quite a lot of time in Mexico eating authentic tacos and Mexican food. La Michoacana’s tacos and all of their food are as authentic and good as they get. With everything scratch made from the tortillas to the salsa, the tinga de pollo tacos are simply perfect. I also love how unassuming this taqueria is. No frills, great food.”
2) Porchetta Panuozzo at Lampo. “I lived in New York City for 15 years. I have eaten my share of amazing Italian food and incredible pizza. This Charlottesville spot rivals them all. It was very hard to choose a favorite here because everything is great but my weakness is the porchetta sandwich. It’s created with their house-made porchetta, garlic aioli, broccoli rabe, calabrian chili, fior di latte and provolone. I mean, it doesn’t really get much better than this.”
3) Roasted Scallops at C&O. “I can’t get enough of the vibe inside this restaurant. When I want a more upscale meal, I go here. The appetizer dish of roasted scallops with whipped cauliflower and a golden raisin caper butter sauce is literally making me salivate as I write this. Also, I love nothing more than a drink at a cozy bar in just the right ambiance. Have a drink at the downstairs bar- you won’t regret it, unless you have one too many!”
4) Bocadillo at Mas. “My husband is half Spanish so we love going out for tapas. Bocadillo is freshly shaved jamon serrano on a sandwich with garlic aioli and manchego cheese. Let me just tell you, it is divine. The gambas is grilled shrimp in the shell with garlic aioli and is also incredible. Mas is the best place to have drinks and enjoy the evening as your tapas come out one or two at a time. The sangria and the margaritas are excellent.”
5) Ednam at The Market. “On our way to Harvest Moon Lodge and Retreat, our entire family loves stopping here at the Mill Creek location just off 64. The Ednam is made with maple turkey, bacon, havarti, avocado, lettuce, tomato and an herb mayonnaise on French bread. A Charlottesville staple, these sandwiches are made with quality ingredients and are delicious. Nuff said.”
Today’s Five Finds on Friday come from the Tony Bennett of college swimming, Todd DeSorbo. In just his fourth season at UVa, DeSorbo became the first coach ever to lead an ACC school to a swimming and diving national championship, when his women’s team took home the title last month. DeSorbo was subsequently named Women’s Team Coach of the Year. DeSorbo’s picks:
1) Burger with Bacon at Wayside Takeout & Catering. “This has become our staff’s go-to pre-Championship lucky lunch. The Monday prior to every ACC or NCAA Championship (including two weeks ago before our women won the National Title), we head to Wayside for a burger. If I had to pick a favorite food of mine, it’s for sure a burger, and Wayside does them right. Not to mention convenient to our place of work, the AFC pool.”
2) Piggie Smalls at Fry’s Spring Station. “If you’re sensing a theme in locations, it’s likely because when I first moved to Charlottesville I lived just behind Scott Stadium, and pretty much went from the house to the pool, and didn’t know much other than that there were several great food joints within walking distance. This turned out to be a family favorite and a staff favorite. We often have gathered here with all our swimming and diving staff and families to hang out. The pizza is phenomenal and the casual atmosphere is right up my alley.”
3) Black Coffee at Atlas Coffee. “Sorry to be sticking with the theme again here, but this was my go-to Thursday morning treat. It’s always been a goal of mine to be able to walk into a coffee shop (or bar) and be ‘regular’ enough that the barista knows what drink you want. I only went a few weeks in a row and they knew exactly what I wanted. I finally made it! Great coffee, great spot.”
4) Mother’s Day Roll at Tokyo Rose. “My family and I have eaten more sushi since the pandemic hit than probably in the previous five years. Likely because my 12 year-old son has decided he loves spicy tuna rolls, and Tokyo Rose’s are the best. Personally I love the Mother’s Day Roll. We haven’t been inside the restaurant in a year, but the takeout/delivery is just as good as dining in.”
5) Kimchi Pork Wrap at Beer Run. “This restaurant was introduced to us by the myth ‘The Charlottesville 29.’ This is a go-to for our family and friends. From family night out to champagne celebrations when our staff won our first ACC Title three years ago, Beer Run has been a staple in our eat out rotation. Great beer selection (almost too good), great food, and great casual environment. If you can’t tell, I like casual.”
Today’s Five Finds on Friday come from Brittany Miller of Cakes by Rachel and Shenandoah Imagery. There are lots of great cake bakers in the area, but only one who was once head chef of Clifton Inn, Rachel Willis. Miller runs the office for Cakes by Rachel and also has her own food photography business, Shenandoah Imagery. As a classically trained chef, Willis still loves a challenge, like our request for a Manhattan-inspired cake to help us celebrate this weekend. White cake baked with a splash of whiskey and bitters, brushed with a whiskey cherry syrup, filled with homemade brandied cherries and triple whipped cream, and iced with a “Manhattan” buttercream: vanilla Swiss meringue buttercream accented with whiskey, vermouth, bitters and Fiori di Sicilia. Miller’s picks:
1) Vegan “Crab” Cake Sandwich at Firefly. “You can’t tell it’s not real crab. And this is coming from someone who orders crab cakes whenever I see them on a menu. I would recommend Firefly to any vegetarian or vegan looking for delicious eats.”
2) Southern Fried Chicken at South Street Brewery. “A huge piece of perfectly seasoned chicken is complemented by pillows of mashed potatoes and gravy. It’s comfort food at its finest. Better than Grandma’s.”
3) Chocolate Sour Cream Cake from Cakes by Rachel. “Everyone who’s had Rachel’s baked goods can attest to them being the best in the area, but Rachel’s chocolate cake reigns supreme, and I’m not historically a huge fan of chocolate cake. Pro tip: order yours with the chocolate buttercream. Absolute heaven. Everyone wishes they were her official cake taster, but that’s actually part of my job. I’m very lucky to work there.”
4) Sigara Börek at Sultan Kebab. “Hot phyllo rolls filled with Turkish white cheese and parsley should tell you all you need to know. They’re like mozzarella sticks, but better. Having shot their whole menu, I can certify that the owners are really great people who are passionate about their food and you can tell. Every bite amazes.”
5) Chicken Paffle from Iron Paffles. “What exactly is a paffle? I’m not really sure. I just know those paffle sandwiches taste really freaking good. I recommend the chicken with the macaroni and cheese and sriracha. The chicken is tender and the paffles are perfectly flaky. Mac and cheese just rounds it out to make it a perfect sandwich. I can’t wait to go back.”