Five Finds on Friday: Tim Edmond
On Fridays, we feature five finds selected by local chefs and personalities. In honor of the recent Virginia Cider Week, today’s picks come from Tim Edmond, co-owner of Potter’s Craft Cider, which, in its short existence, is already winning praise far and wide. Edmond’s picks:
1) Soft Pretzel at Early Mountain Vineyards. If you haven’t ventured to Madison to check out this winery, the soft pretzel is reason enough. They also have an awesome selection of Virginia wines and partner with wineries from across the state. The fact that it is beautiful, they are steadfast supporters of Virginia wine and have committed to donate all profits to the Virgina wine industry, those are good reasons to check it out too.
2) House-made Sorghum Butter at The Whiskey Jar. I could eat it by itself but usually put it on hush puppies or ham biscuits. Love this place, love the food and the understated local ingredients.
3) Goat Pasanda at Milan. I order this extra spicy with garlic naan.
4) Ginger Kombucha from Barefoot Bucha with a Hot Donut from Carpe Donut. A favorite Saturday morning ritual is to walk the dog to Carpe Donut. The kombucha is awesome and I love that you can also find Barefoot Bucha on draft at places like Blue Mountain Brewery, Whole Foods, and The Whiskey Jar.
5) Dinner at Forage. This is a ridiculously awesome supper club from chefs Megan Kiernan and Justin Stone. They cook some of the best food in Charlottesville that is either foraged, bought, or bartered from local sources.