Five Finds on Friday: Vu Nguyen
On Fridays, we feature five food finds selected by local chefs and personalities. This week’s picks come from Vu Nguyen, owner of Zinc and the newly opened Moto Pho Co. Nguyen’s five picks:
1) Sausage, Egg and Cheesse, Coffee, and a Chocolate Glazed Donut at Spudnuts. Really doesn’t need an explanation.
2) Veggie on Rye with House Dressing, add Watercress and a Side of House Dressing, 1/2 pint Exotic Grains, and Rte 66 Dill Pickle Chips at Take It Away. I’m not a vegetarian.
3) Bamee Moo Dang at Pad Thai. Wonton Noodle Soup is what they call it on the menu, which is weird because the literal translation is Ramen Red Pork.
4) The bar and the man who makes it, Paulie, at Vivace.
5) Four C’s on a Sugar Cone at Chaps. This is a recent revelation for me, thanks to my better half, Laura, replacing Arch’s Swirl with M&M’s as indulgence #1 (besides Talisker).