Today’s Five Finds on Friday come from Lee O’Neill of Radical Roots Farm, a longtime participant in the Charlottesville City Market, which now has a chance to be named the best farmers’ market in the country. Vote here!
Meanwhile, Radical Roots is joining other local producers and artisans in Food From our Farms 2020, a socially distant harvest dinner benefiting Local Food Hub. For a recommended donation of $100 per person, you will receive a locally sourced fine dining experience, delivered right to your door. Meals are prepared by APimento Catering and Gail Hobbs-Page of Caromont Farm, with desserts by Albemarle Baking Company, and beverages from Blenheim Vineyards and Blue Ridge Bucha. You will also receive bonus goodies from Back Pocket Provisions and Catbird Co., a Local Food Hub tote, and a recipe book with recipes from Radical Roots, MarieBette, The Pie Chest, and more. Dinners are available 9/26 and 10/3, and tickets must be purchased one week in advance. Support the Local Food Hub! Tickets and information here. O’Neill’s picks:
1) Coco Verde Acai Bowl from The Juice Laundry. “The ultimate treat after a long day of farming and making deliveries. Nutritious, hydrating and a meal in itself.”
2) Coconut Macaroons dipped in Chocolate from Albemarle Baking Company. “Sweet and savory all wrapped up in one. I love these for a nice gluten free treat.”
3) Peach Sorbetto from Splendora’s. “Any in season fruit is amazing, especially with a touch of basil or mint. Refreshing on a hot, summer day.”
4) Spicy Salmon Sushi Roll from Now & Zen. “I love fresh sushi and any roll from Now & Zen is amazing. Combined with shrimp spring rolls and a bowl of miso soup . . . perfection.”
5) Drunken Noodles from Pad Thai. “Perfect on a cool autumn day to warm you from the inside out.”