Five Finds on Friday: Clare Terni
Today’s Five Finds on Friday come from Clare Terni of Ten Course Hospitality and The Whiskey Jar. For Breast Cancer Awareness month, all through October each restaurant of Ten Course Hospitality is donating proceeds from its best selling items to breast cancer research, and there’s still time to help the cause while enjoying something delicious. At The Whiskey Jar, it’s the Courthouse Sandwich and The Blushing Bride cocktail, while the options at the group’s other restaurants are here: Brasserie Saison, Revolutionary Soup, The Pie Chest, The Bededero, Commonwealth, and Draft. Terni’s picks:
1) Paletas from La Flor Michoacana. “Chamoy Mango is the best.”
2) Cinnamon Toast Crunch S’mores Bars from Foods of All Nations bakery. “They started making these a few months ago. My inner fat kid pretty much died and went to heaven.”
3) IVP Banh Mi at Ivy Provisions. “I can’t eat a whole one, but the pate and cabbage combo is excellent.”
4) Cheese Sauce on nachos at The Bebedero. “I totally want to die in a vat of that cheese sauce, Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas style.”
5) Egg Salad Sandwiches at home made with Weber’s Horseradish Mustard from Wegmans. “That mustard is a game-changer for so many foods. It makes egg salad taste like the best damn deviled eggs you ever ate.