Five Finds on Friday: Trish Clinton
On Fridays, we feature five food finds selected by local chefs and personalities. Today’s picks come from Trish Clinton, formerly of Clifton Inn, and now the new pastry chef at The Barbeque Exchange.
1) Duck Curry at Thai Siam Takeout. “This was the first place that chef Tucker Yoder recommended to me and it was a great one! Ms. Mae and her brother are making the best Thai food around, that is for sure. The dumplings are also something to try, and it is worth however long of a wait Ms. Mae might tell you it is.”
2) Absolutely ANY Dessert at Duner’s. “I will drive out of my way just to drop in and get a dessert to go. The dessert menu is constantly changing and rotating to reflect what is available in the current season along with some staples. Call ahead and they will have it ready to go quickly!”
3) Fresh Oysters and Frites with Garlic Aioli at Public Fish and Oyster. “Be sure to get two sides of the aioli because it will go fast! Donnie is putting out some fantastic food, and you would have a great dish in any of the entrees that are available as well. Those frites and aioli with a great beer are definitely one my guilty pleasures.”
4) “Sake Garden” Cocktail at TEN. “This cocktail is the most refreshing drink for the summer in my opinion. Grapefruit vodka combined with sake, ginger, cucumber, and mint makes it easy to consume quite few on those hot summer nights.”
5) Pollo Cemita at Al Carbon. “The sesame bread that this sandwich is served on is a great base, then add the pulled rotisserie chicken, spicy chipotle sauce, sliced avocado, and oh that cheese! All of that combined make it over-the-top delicious. Be aware it is large and will fill you up you may not need anything else!”