Five Finds on Friday: Jenn Riesman
On Fridays, we feature five food finds selected by local chefs and personalities. This week’s picks come from Jenn Riesman, pastry chef of Fossett’s at Keswick Hall. A native Texan, before coming to Fossett’s, in Riesman was Bakery Manager of Austin’s Delish Bakery and Pastry Sous Chef of La Condesa.
1) Monte Cristo at West Main. “You can’t go wrong with a well-made Monte Cristo. Also a great place for brunch.”
2) Ham and Cheese Croissant at Paradox Pastry. “The perfect on-the-go breakfast.”
3) Iced Coffee at La Taza. “The best iced coffee in town. It doesn’t even need sugar. Strong but super smooth.”
4) Smoked Trout Sandwich at Blue Moon Diner. “Nice to just sit at the bar, listening to music.”
5) Papas Bravas at MAS Tapas. “The only thing you really need on a late Friday night is a good drink and potatoes with aioli.”