Five Finds on Friday: Scott Smith
Every Friday, we feature five food finds selected by local chefs, personalities, or readers. This week is Scott Smith, co-owner of Bodo’s. Smith’s five finds:
1) Pancakes at Blue Moon Diner.
2) “The Albemarle” Cake at Albemarle Baking Company. Chocolate cake on the bottom, then three mousse layers—dark chocolate, white chocolate and milk chocolate. Covered with a milk chocolate glaze.
3) Contorni at Tavola. Specifically, cavoletti di bruxxelles pan tostado (pan roasted Brussels sprouts, pancetta, brown butter) and finocchio arrosto con aranci (roasted fennel, grilled oranges, basil).
4) Espinacas Catalana at Mas. Sauteed spinach, sultanas, pine nuts, garlic, Amontillado, and Arbequina olive oil.
5) Jalapeno lime cream cheese at Bodo’s.