Five Finds on Friday: Aris Cuadra
On Fridays, we feature five food finds selected by area chefs and personalities. Today’s picks come from Aris Cuadra, chef at tavola. Next Sunday, April 12, tavola will play host to world-renowned winemaker Piero Mastroberardino for a very special wine dinnerr featuring the wines of Mastroberardino. The six course meal, including pairings, is $125 per person. For info and reservations for this very rare opportunity, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (434) 972-9463. Cuadra’s picks:
1) Cheeseburger at Jack Brown’s. “Super simple good quality beef, nicely seasoned, griddle pressed well done, with a side of fries, a pickle and secret sauce…oh yea and they have “a few beers”.
2) Dry Fried Eggplant at Peter Chang’s. “Perfectly crispy, light and airy, nice balance of heat and earthiness from the chilies, cilantro and scallions, and a slight sweetness from the eggplant.”
3) Ham Biscuit at JM Stock Provisions. “House cured ham in between their biscuits made with butter and pork fat.”
4) Lemon Buttermilk Pie at Pasture Q. “Light flaky crust, nice balance of tart and not too sweet filling, tea infused whipped cream.”
5) Linguini Alla Carbonara at tavola. “Yes, I know some will criticize this pick, but those who have had it know exactly what I’m talking about and those who have not . . . you need to come try one.”