108 2nd St SW . Charlottesville VA . (434) 296-7687
104 14th Street Northwest . Charlottesville, VA. (434) 979-9988
Why Revolutionary Soup?
Revolutionary Soup is deceptively named. Sure, you can find great soups at the popular counter-service joints on The Downtown Mall and The Corner. But, there is so much more. In fact, we’ve long thought it might just as appropriately be called Revolutionary Sandwiches.
Unlike at many order-at-the-counter spots, the building blocks for Revolutionary Soup’s sandwiches, salads, and soups are sourced locally, with delicious results. Wines and beers are well-chosen, too – good news for those who enjoy an adult beverage with their lunch. While Rev Soup is most popular at lunch, it is a sneaky-good dinner option as well. Healthy, affordable, and delicious. After work, why go home and cook, when you can pick up a thoughtfully conceived and prepared soup, salad, or sandwich? We score big points at home when we walk in the door with a couple of creative salads or a few pints of Lamb Curry.
What to Order
The rotating selection of ten soups changes often, but a few staples are always available, including the signature Spicy Senegalese Peanut Tofu, Lamb Curry, Tomato Basil, and Miso. All come with a fresh roll from Albemarle Baking Company. There is also a long list of sandwiches and salads. Below are our favorite items, owner’s picks, and appearances in Five Finds on Friday, where a chef or personality has named a Rev Soup dish one of the best in town. It seems the lamb curry is a hit.
- Lamb Curry
- 90’s Club (Roasted chicken breast, bacon, cheddar, avocado, lettuce, tomato, onions & house sauce on a kaiser roll)
- Gulf Coast Wrap (House spiced shrimp, avocado, roasted red peppers, hard-boiled egg, spring greens and a zesty dressing)
- Wild Mushroom Wrap (Wild mushrooms sautéed with Gruyère bechamel and spring greens)
- Shrimp and Grits (Shrimp marinated in a smoked paprika and garlic sauce served in local grits)
- Daily Specials, especially the Red Row Sandwich and Heirloom Tomato Sandwich
- Lamb Curry
- 90’s Club
- Garlic Garden Club (Sautéed red onions, roasted red peppers, and cheddar, with fresh avocado, lettuce, tomato, and garlic aioli on griddled sunflower wheat bread)
- Quesadillas (pro tip: the owner recommends eating these in-house rather than to-go)
Five Finds on Friday Picks
- Lamb Curry – Tristan Wraight (Oakhart Social)
- Cheese Steak Hoagie — Nick Moon (formerly, Brasserie Saison)
- Spicy Senegalese Peanut Tofu Soup — Zach Miller (Timbercreek Farm)