Five Finds on Friday: Larry Sabato
On Fridays, we feature five food finds selected by local chefs and personalities. With election season in full swing, this week’s picks come from one of the nation’s most renowned election experts, Dr. Larry Sabato, director of the UVa Center for Politics. The Wall Street Journal once called Dr. Sabato “probably the most quoted college professor in the land.” You can follow his famous Crystal Ball of election projections here. Most significantly, Dr. Sabato is a lover of Charlottesville food. Dr. Sabato’s picks:
1) Melanzane al Parmigiano at Tavola. This really gets back to my Italian roots. Tavola is a great addition to the Charlottesville culinary scene.
2) Vegetarian “Blue Plate Special” at Hamiltons’. A classic, perfect every time.
3) The Haystack at the Horse & Hound. Stack of roasted vegetables, goat cheese, pesto, and sprouts, on multi-grain bread. Horse and Hound is a favorite at the UVa Center for Politics. They have a great menu and also do a wonderful job on catering.
4) Donut Ice Cream Sandwich at Carpe Donut. Cinnamon-sugar donut sliced in half and layered with homemade vanilla ice cream. The perfect food to fulfill one’s guilty pleasure.
5) Cookie Dough Archer at Arch’s Frozen Yogurt. Lots of cookie dough in vanilla frozen yogurt. Students aren’t the only ones who love Arch’s!