Five Finds on Friday: Tracey Love
On Fridays, we feature five foods finds selected by local chefs and personalities. This week’s picks come from Tracey Love, Event Coordinator at Blenheim Vineyards, Sales & Marketing Gal at Best of What’s Around, and founder of Hill & Holler, the host company of a series of fantastic roving farm dinners in the area. Is there anything she doesn’t do? Hill & Holler’s next dinner is Sunday, April 21, at the brand new Old Metropolitan Hall, featuring a menu prepared by Dean Maupin of C&O, as well as wines from Pollak Vineyards and cider from Potter’s Craft Cider. Details and reservations here.
1) Shredded Tofu Skin in Chili Sauce at Peter Chang’s China Grill. “Nothing gets the mouth watering like cold, shredded, tofu skins with cilantro and a plethora of chili oil.”
2) The Fat n’ Sassy at Dr. Ho’s Humble Pie. “Otherwise known as a four cheese pizza disguised as ‘cheesy bread,’ studded with roasted garlic, cut into squares, and served with house-made ranch dressing. Broccoli optional. Extra ranch not optional.”
3) Bucatini All’Amatriciana at Tavola. “So simple, so good, yet impossible to re-create at home. I could eat this everyday – and the fellas at Tavola can attest to that.”
4) Tachos at Fardowners. “Translation = tater tot nachos piled high with all the fixins. Best shared with friends and pints of local beer.”
5) The Riviera at Greenwood Gourmet Grocery. “Hands down, the best tuna sandwich, period. Filled with quality tuna, olive oil, capers, red onion and magic. Served on crusty Goodwin Creek bread. What’s not to love?”