On Fridays, we feature five food finds selected by local chefs, personalities, or readers. This week’s picks come from Harrison Keevil, chef of Brookville, which he co-owns with his wife Jennifer. Keevil’s five picks:
1) Heaven and Hell Sandwiches at BBQ Exchange. I love Craig’s Q and when he put these on his menu I had to get them. They are filled with my favorite ingredient, pork. Just prepare yourself when about to eat both because they will put you on the couch and into a food coma. (Heaven: pulled pork, over-easy egg, melted cheddar cheese, “Sticky Love” bacon, baconnaise, lettuce and tomato on a house made roll. Hell: habanero fried mac and cheese balls, tempura-batter fried ghost pepper bacon, pickled Thai dragon chiles, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, spicy chimichurri, and “Caution Hot” ghost pepper sauce on a house made hoagie roll.)
2) Korobuta Pork Belly Sandwich at The Box. I fell in love with Banh Mi sandwiches when I lived in San Francisco. When Pei took over the menu at The Box and created this adaptation of the Banh Mi , I went straight to get it.
3) Earlysville Sandwich on French at Bellair Market. Just love this sandwich. (Note: This sandwich typically comes on sourdough, but Keevil prefers French instead.)
4) Chef Tasting Menu at Clifton Inn. Tucker and his crew do a great job and I love going to the Clifton Inn, which is actually where my wife and I met, and just put myself in their hands. They never disappoint.
5) Two Al Pastor Tacos and one Chicken Tamale at City Market. It is how I start every Saturday at 7 am before I go buy the day’s menu items at the market for Brookville.