2025 Library Avenue . Crozet, VA . (434) 205-4881
Long before Smoked Kitchen and Tap opened in 2016, the BBQ wizardry from Justin van der Linde already had a cult-like following from the trailer he would set up on the downtown mall and elsewhere around town. While the transition to a brick-and-mortar can be difficult for even the most skilled pitmasters, van der Linde nailed it, even winning praise from certified barbecue judges. Beyond the barbecue, what really sets Smoked apart is the professionalism that van der Linde and seasoned restaurateur Kelley Tripp bring to every aspect of the restaurant. From food to drinks to service to setting, Smoked almost never disappoints.
What to Order
Van der Linde likes to make use of his smoker for more than just his famous barbecue, so keep an eye out for menu items like house bacon, smoked jalapenos, etc. Below are our favorite items and appearances in Five Finds on Friday, where a chef or personality has named a dish from Smoked as one of the best in the area. The burger warrants special mention. Yes, a burger at a barbecue place. Smoked’s burger was the 2017 Dish of the Year.
- Barbecue: Pulled Pork, Ribs, Smoked Turkey
- Sides: Collard greens, Cheesy bacon potatoes, Baked beans w/sausage
- Signature Fried Chicken
- BBQ Nachos
- Smoked ‘Reuben’
- House Milkshakes
Five Finds on Friday Picks
- Fried Chicken with Waffles — Ryan Davidson (daughter)
- Brisket and Cheese Sandwich — Laura Fonner (Duner’s)
- Cheesy Bacon Potatoes — John McMahon (Schuyler Greens)
- Milkshake — Ryan Davidson (daughter)