On Fridays, we feature five food finds selected by local chefs and personalities. Today’s picks come from Robin McDaniel, sous chef of The Alley Light. McDaniel’s picks.
1) Tom Yum Soup at Monsoon Siam. “Kitty and Pooh make you feel like family when you enter the unique space; and the food conveys that sense of hospitality and warmth. It’s a hearty and home-style soup. I always order a large!”
2) Any Wine sommelier Erin Scala recommends at Fleurie. “Her knowledge and passion for wine is remarkable. Not only does she pair wine well with food; more importantly, she finds the right wine for the right person.”
3) Vongole Oreganato al Forno at Tavola. “A town favorite that consistently delivers a quality experience. Food has a bright acidity, wine list is unique, and service is spot on.”
4) Focaccia and Poached Eggs at Petit Pois. “The most consistent and best brunch in town. It is a perfect way to start a Sunday . . . huge patio in the summer, cozy in the winter.”
5) Herb-roasted Turkey Sandwich at Market Street Market. “My favorite sandwich in town. Great deli selections on a central location off the mall. I always ask for extra watercress. Throw in some lamb curry from Revolutionary Soup and you’ve got lunch covered.”