On Fridays, we feature five food finds from local chefs and personalities. Today’s picks come from Parallel 38 chef Alfredo Malinis, Jr., who is fresh off an appearance at the James Beard House and whose cooking Washington Post critic Tom Sietsema recently compared to what’s found at some of D.C.’s best restaurants. On Tuesday, September 9 at Parallel 38, you can enjoy the special menu that Malinis prepared at the James Beard House. $120. One night only. Reservations required. Call (434) 923-3838.
1) Triple Cheeseburger at Riverside Lunch. “I love everything about this place. The staff, the food, and the ‘hometown secret’ feel. Triple cheeseburger is a must.”
2) Risotto at Vivace. “The risotto is the best I’ve had in a long time.”
3) Crispy Shredded Beef at Kyoto. “Incredible. If I could eat this every day, I would. My fiance won’t let me!”
4) Pancit at Little Manila. “Little Manila and Got Dumplings are must stops at the Saturday morning market. If the farmer’s market was open every day, I would still go just for those two stands. The pancit is just like my father makes!”
5) BBQ at Pasture. “Three letters. BBQ.”