Today’s Five Finds on Friday come from Chris Long, the UVa football legend who now plays for the New England Patriots, but in the offseason still lives in Charlottesville, where he loves to enjoy our dining scene. Long has recently teamed up with Champion Brewing Company for Waterboys IPA to benefit Long’s charity Waterboys, whose mission is to bring life-sustaining water to East African communities that desperately need it. Watch this moving video to learn more. And then, donate here.
Saturday November 26, Champion is throwing a Release Party for the Waterboys IPA, with proceeds going directly to the charity. Details here. Long’s picks:
1) Cornmeal-crusted Fried Oysters at Maya. “Perfectly fried. The house remoulade makes it.”
2) Thick Cut Pork Chop at The Fitzroy. “The biggest, baddest pork chop in town. Get it with the roasted cauliflower.”
3) The Blaze at The Juice Laundry. “Perfectly spicy.”
4) Semisweet Chocolate Pot de Creme at Orzo. “I’ve eaten three in one sitting and could’ve had more.”
5) Key Lime Free Range Chicken at ZoCaLo. “Longtime favorite.”