On Fridays, we feature five food finds selected by local chefs, personalities, or readers. This week we take a break from chefs to bring you the picks of George Cohen, Chair of the UVa Faculty Senate, who recently led the faculty’s effort to secure the reinstatement of UVa President Theresa Sullivan. Cohen’s five picks:
1. Lox and Vegetable Cream Cheese on an Everything Bagel at Bodo’s. Great soul food that takes me back to my Jewish New Jersey roots. Now if we could only get some good herring in sour cream and onions!
2. Black & White Cookies at Chandler’s. Another childhood favorite. I also love their chocolate cakes.
3. Hot and Sour Soup at Szechuan. We have known the Yu family for years and this is my personal favorite dish there.
4. Pesto Wrap at Zazus Fresh Grille. Zazus is a big favorite of my law professor colleagues and I just love the pesto wrap.
5. Fajita Burrito at El Puerto. This is another of my lunch favorites. Delicious, though I usually am in a stupor for several hours afterwards.