On Fridays, we feature five food finds selected by local chefs and personalities. This week’s picks come from Tucker Yoder, Executive Chef at Clifton Inn. On October 29, Yoder has a special family-style meal planned at Clifton Inn with Christian Kelly of Maya, Angelo Vangelopoulos of Ivy Inn, and Lee Gregory of Richmond’s The Roosevelt. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to charity. Yoder’s five picks:
1) Rock Barn Bratwurst at Beer Run. I am a big sucker for these.
2) Espresso from Sidamo beans at Shenandoah Joe. Dave [Fafara, owner] turned me onto this a while back and I crave it every time I go in there.
3) My Wife’s Muffins with Flour from Wheatberries from Steadfast Farm. My wife is a big baker and makes fresh muffins for breakfast from flour she mills from fresh wheatberries from Steadfast Farm. It really adds another dimension to the morning.
4. Lunch Buffet at Himalayan Fusion. With four kids, we don’t eat out much, but when we get a chance we really like the lunch buffet at Himalayan Fusion. The kids will eat naan and Butter Chicken for days.
5. Jam from Jam According to Daniel. Our house is big fans of Daniel’s jams, especially the fig, damson plum, and anything with holy basil in it.