Every Friday, we will feature five food finds selected by local chefs, personalities, or readers. First up is Andrew Silver, one of the two head chefs and owners of Zocalo. Silver’s five finds:
1) Thai beef consomme noodle bowl at Pad Thai. “Hands down my favorite dish in town. Profound broth, melt in your mouth brisket, lots of herbs and toasted garlic.”
2) Cheese Steak at Fabio’s NY Pizza.
3) The Hungover at Boylan Heights (Sunday Brunch menu). “Cheesy hash browns with a burger on top and 2 fried eggs. Served with white bread and spicy ketchup.”
4) Deli-Egg with American cheese on a sesame bagel at Bodo’s. “All the corned beef and pastrami scraps encapsulated in an omelet.”
5) Honey Shrimp with Chili Sauce at Taste of China. “Perfectly cooked small sweet shrimp with a sweet and spicy sauce.”